Rainbowfish Forum Forum Index
support and discussion forum for Rainbows

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WTB pseudomugil species! :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rainbowfish Forum Forum Index -> The Eggs-Change
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cooledwhip

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject: WTB pseudomugil species! :) Reply with quote

hey everyone I'm new here because I want to get some new rainbows for my 29 gallon I've had set up for a while. I'm very experienced in the hobby, I have numerous tanks and even bred my first batch of boesemanis that I am raising and looking to sell soon. (let me know if you are interested).

I am looking for these species:
pseudomugil gertrudae
pseudomugil gertrudae Aru IV
pseudomugil luminatus/paskai (is there a difference?)

Basically, from what I see the paskai/luminatus are essentially the same thing as the gertrudae except they are red. Can someone confirm this for me? The pictures on google images are so varied, and some of the paskai pictures look amazing, some look awful. Some of the pictures of the gertrudae look amazing, some look awful. It's hard to base a decision off the pictures on google because the pictures vary so much.

I am looking for a bit of color obviously and I think the paskai deliver that but I really don't know. I for sure want one of these 3 species in my tank. I'd rather do a larger school of like 10-12.

Would I be able to do 2 schools of like 6-7? I think they would do better as a larger school and look nicer but then again I want the nicest colorations and patterns, which is why I'm hesitant to commit to a single species with only seeing the pictures on google images. Anyone have any of these they can sell me? and some background information on the differences between these species?

Of these which would you think would be the best looking? My 29 gallon is heavily planted. LOTS of plants so the fish would need to stick out well, which is why I'm somewhat against choosing the gertrudae because I don't know if they will stick out a lot in the tank. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rainbowfish Forum Forum Index -> The Eggs-Change All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: