Rainbowfish Forum Forum Index
support and discussion forum for Rainbows

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new to rainbows - planning a new tank

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rainbowfish Forum Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwrivendell

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: new to rainbows - planning a new tank Reply with quote

Hi all - I am a long time fish hobbyist (45 years) but have never had a tank dedicated to Rainbow fish. I am in the early stages of planning and beginning my research in order to have my tank become a success.

I find these fish amazing and always have. I love to see the transformation of them and the unique designs and body shapes of these amazing fish.

I have spent the last many years dedicated to African cichlids and I enjoy them greatly. I currently have a 110 all male take of Malawi and Victorians. They are amazing to watch and see them grow and change. The constant bickering gets a little old though. LOL!!!!

I'm looking at starting with with a 75 (since I already have one empty) or a 90. If this is not sufficient then let me know. I don't plan on starting with the smaller Rainbow fish so that will have impact on size of the tank.

Anyway ... that is a bit about where I am currently and what I hope to be doing. If anyone has guidance on places to start in the forum about general do's and don'ts then point me that way. I'm in the early stages so I have plenty of time. I do want to start trying to locate a source for excellent Rainbows. Over the years, I have determined that the quality of the stock is important.

Thanks for having me!!! Smile
John
Sarcasm Included

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to sleepy hollow, err the forum,

Rainbows are not difficult to keep but they are a diverse amount to pick from. If you get us an idea of what you might be interested in and your general location, we should be able to recommend suppliers that you can check with. You can check out Aquabid.com to see what is up for sale currently by many of the local breeders as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rainbowfish Forum Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: