Rainbowfish Forum Forum Index
support and discussion forum for Rainbows

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi from California. New to the forum & love rainbows

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rainbowfish Forum Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rainbowfishluvr82

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Hi from California. New to the forum & love rainbows Reply with quote

Hello everyone I am new to the forum but I love my rainbowfish so much that I just had to join a rainbowfish forum, lol. I have been keeping fish on and off for the past 23 years. I've had mainly tropical, goldfish and cichlids. I currently have 5 tanks, 4 of which each hold 1 male betta. My main tank is a 45 gallon which holds my 7 juvenile rainbows, 2 male platys, 1 dwarf gourami and 5 cory cats. I'll be honest I didn't even know rainbowfish existed until about 2 years ago when I started keeping fish again after not having them for years. I currently have 4 males ( 1 boesemani, 2 turquoise & a picta) and 3 females (all Boesemani). I know that I should have more females than males but everyone gets along fine and I noticed there is less aggression with the males since making my school larger. For the most part there isn't any aggression. Sometimes the larger turquoise chases the small one but it's nothing to worry about. Eventually I will get a larger tank for them, 75 or 90g and add a lot more females. But for now they are fine. They are all juveniles and most are around 2-2.5" with the exception of 2 that are around 3". I got my first rainbow, my largest Boesemani girl over a year ago. Ever since I first found out about them, I wanted them. When I upgraded to my 45g I decided to get some. I love my rainbows so much and they are by far becoming my favorite species of fish. I'm so excited to join those group.
Rob M

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rainbowfish Forum Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: