Rainbowfish Forum Forum Index
support and discussion forum for Rainbows

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Glossolepis pseudoincisus

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rainbowfish

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Glossolepis pseudoincisus Reply with quote

Was busy shooting today and this old guy was a by-catch. He's about 6 years old now I think about 4 inches, perhaps a little larger.

The image below this one is a young G. pseudoincisus that we brought back in 2008 from Lake Yaniruk. There are several lakes in that region that have pseudoincisus in them. Unfortunately the lakes now contain other exotics so it may not be long before these are gone. I'll have to take some more pictures of this fish as it develops. It's about 5 months older now and still looks pretty nice.

Gary

Heiko Bleher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

veru nice shot Gary, getting better all the time. But tell me: Is it really that yellowish? It should have the brightest red colour of all rainbowfishes (at least those I collected and brought back were like that).

Or maybe is it just the photography? Maybe to strong flash. Anyhow remember - bright blood-red an amazing colour...

all the best

Heiko
www.aquapress-bleher.com
rainbowfish

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right on about the adult. The flash put a bit of a color cast on him. He's hard to capture in the community tank that he shares with other nosey rainbowfish. When I start to focus on him all of the others run to the glass thinking that "the man" has food. They do get a much darker blood red as they get older. BTY the adult is one of the fish that Kent Webster and I purchased from you several years ago when we were the first to import this fish from you into the United States.

The photo of the younger fish is pretty much exactly the color of the fish. They get a very bright red, even at a fairly small size.

Gary Lange
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rainbowfish Forum Forum Index -> Rainbows All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: